1 cup asparagus (see grilled asparagus recipe)
1 1/2 cups fresh lobster or blue crabmeat (could prob sub shrimp, king crab or scallops as well)
1 container ricotta cheese
1/2 package manicotti
1 cup asiago, parmesan or romano cheese
salt to taste
Grill asparagas & boil seafood (try to keep both a tad underdone). Boil manicotti al denti. Place in glass or ceramic dish. Fill with ricotta cheese, seafood of choice & aspargas. Roll manicotti closed. Top with parm or romano cheese. Bake on 150C for 30 min or until cheese is melted (I like mine closer to burnt). (; Take out of oven, plate & top w/ truffle hollandaise. Garnish w/ something...
Truffle Hollandaise
225g butter
3 large egg yolks
2 tbsp hot water
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp truffle oil
pinch salt
pinch cayenne pepper
garnish w/ parmesan cheese
salt to taste
Melt butter slowly in medium saucepan. Once butter has melted, remove pan from the heat & swipe froth off top. Whisk egg yolks in bowl. While whisking, begin adding lemon, salt & cayenne pepper. Then slowly begin whisking in melted butter, water & truffle oil. Return the mixture to saucepan, heat over a very low heat, continuing to whisk until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately or keep warm for up to 30 minutes before serving.
Once again, I haven't actually prepared this variation yet...so when I do I'll get more exact details/measurements down! Someone's in for a treat, however!
No comments:
Post a Comment