yoga europa

Monday, October 31, 2011

Portabello Mushroom & Fig Gnocci w/ Truffle

6 large portobello mushrooms diced
3/4ths cup sharp aged hard goat cheese grated
8 semi-dried figs diced
2 tbsp St. Dalfour Fig Preserves
3 cups cabernet sauv
1 package fresh gnocci (NOT FROZEN) -
truffle oil to garnish
small hot red peppers to garnish
crispy shoe-string onions (1 vidalia or sweet onion, crusted & sauteed in olive oil to garnish)
salt to taste

Saute mushrooms & figs in red wine on low-med heat until firm. Add goat cheeze and fig preserves & continue cooking on low-med heat until warm and thick & of equal consistency. While cooking begin boiling water for gnocci. Boil gnocci about 3 minutes right before serving. Run under cold water to prevent sticking, then rewarm w/ hot water & top with mushroom fig sauce. Garnish with a very few tiny red peppers cut into tiny slivers, a tsp of crispy onions and truffle oil. Salt to taste.


I haven't actually prepared this variation yet...so when I do I'll get more exact details/measurements down! I also haven't actually made crispy onions before...so wish me luck! (;

No comments:

Post a Comment